Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rainham Marshes RSPB 4th November 2007

I went to Rainham with a freind, my target birds were the Water Pipits , but of course they proved elusive and didn't show for us. We didn't have much birding time and birds of note included Little Egrets, Wigeon, Teal, Shoveler, other waterfowl and a singing Cetti's Warbler (not seen though). There were also seven Snipe, two of which were showing very well and a male Kestrel was hunting right outside of the hide. Whilst sitting in the hide an angry Wren was furiously alarm calling and so was a Robin. It showed very well and allowed me to take these pictures:

2 comments:

Simeon,Connor,James,Matthew said...

Hi David, how are you doing? You seem to be getting some very nice birds at the moment, and as usualgreat pics to go with them! Looking forward to the holidays? Got anything lined up?

James

Birdnut said...

Hi James, I am going to Manchestert to see my relatives in late dec/early Jan. I will proably manage to finish off my year list and start off the new one quite well there, maybe even Long-eared Owl.Hope you are all good. Been up to much birding?